Dot Background

Friday, October 28, 2011

Baseball and Apple Pie!

Ok, can you tell I've been watching the World Series, LOL!   I spent lots of time last weekend baking up the apples we picked at the orchard and this weekend was all about watching the Cardinals win the World Series although I was cheering for the Rangers.  It was a GREAT series.   Baseball though makes me think of Spring and it's sure not Spring outside my window!  They even said possible S**W Flurries tomorrow, ugh!  Well, That's what's so awesome about crafting,  it can be any season you choose.  Tonight it was Spring because I wanted to use my SU! Butterfly Diecut on this cute card sketch from Paper Players #69.  Fun, fun!   Looks like I'll be ready with some cute cards for next March and April.   Supplies:  Paper - Bazzill Arizona,  Basic Grey Sweet Threads, SU! Choc Chip, So Saffron;  Stamps:  SU! Whimsical Words;  Ink:  SU! Choc Chip;  Kaiser Rhinestones

11 comments:

  1. Lela, I can't believe that you are due for a snow storm. It's way too early in the year. I didn't catch the world series, but it must have been an incredible series. I love your pretty card. The butterflies work so well on the DSP that you chose for the banner. The sentiment is so fitting, too! So glad you shared your lovely creation with the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these colors and the layering of the DP across the top! Beautiful butterflies and it's so refreshing to see a "spring" card this week! Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pretty papers. They go together very nicely. Nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I love your take on the sketch Lela! These colors are gorgeous and the butterflies and bling are perfect. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Lela! I love your mix of designer series paper! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so pretty. I love the colors. The butterflies and the sentiment were the perfect choice for the colors and papers. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card, Lela! I love the pretty mix of patterns and colors you used. The butterflies are a perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Spring! I love your cheerful paper choices and those pretty butterflies. Great job on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this Week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very cute card Lela!!!. Love the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the butterfly die from SU. Can never have too many butterflies! Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! I love the combination of papers you used in that card.

    ReplyDelete