Dot Background

Monday, October 17, 2011

Peaceful Moments

As I gazed out my living room window, I saw such a pretty site with a doe and fawn walking carefully along the stream that runs at the edge of my yard.  I wanted to go out and encourage them the other way so they wouldn't go toward the road but knew that would be pointless.  It was so pretty to watch them meander along the waters edge with no real destination it seemed.  

 I wish I would have made this card in a larger size but I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to stamp when I started.  I will definitely use this sketch again as now my mind is whirling with ideas.  I think these will be fun Christmas cards to send and am thrilled with my growing stash of fun cards done.   The sketch is from this week's Freshly Made Sketches #6.   It's also for this week's Red and Green Challenge at The Paper Players.  You know I'm not done making Christmas Cards yet ... more to come.   Supplies:  All A Muse Studio - Paper:  Cherry Shimmer, Grass Damask, Grass Shimmer, French Roast Shimmer;  Stamps:  nordic noel;  Ink:  French Roast, Cherry;   Lime Satin Ribbon, Cloud Die, Twinkles

8 comments:

  1. Adorable Lela...love that satin bow...it just pops. The clouds are a sweet touch, they look ready to burst with snow. Sounds like a beautiful sight you saw...great inspiration. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and the Paper Players.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your inspiration made for a beautiful card! The satin ribbon is an elegant touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love that you captured a memory while making this card, too. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players and Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you were inspired to make this card! Beautiful finishing touches! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome inspiration for this! I love the sparkle in the clouds and the beautiful bow. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet deer stamp and I love hearing the story that inspired you...glad you were able to join us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card! I love the deer image and the colors that you selected. The clouds are the perfect touch! You did a wonderful job describing the deer outside your window. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the print you chose and the sparkly clouds were the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players

    ReplyDelete