Dot Background

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Sweetest Day!

Sweetest Day --- Ever heard of it?

"Sweetest Day is a holiday celebrated primarily in the Great Lakes Region and parts of the Northeast United States, on the third Saturday in October. The first Sweetest Day was pronounced as October 8, 1921 in Cleveland.  The Cleveland Plain Dealer's October 8, 1922 edition, which chronicles the first Sweetest Day in Cleveland, states that the first Sweetest Day was planned by a committee of 12 confectioners chaired by candymaker C. C. Hartzell. The Sweetest Day in the Year Committee distributed over 20,000 boxes of candy to "newsboys, orphans, old folks, and the poor" in Cleveland, Ohio."   (Wikipedia)

I had no idea that "Sweetest Day" was a Midwest Holiday only.  My DH is always a dear and this year was no different as he brought me some beautiful flowers and a card.  I made him a cake (sweets) and made this card for him.  My hubby is a "traditionalist".  I've got flowers for Sweetest Day for the last 23 years.  I still like them and he liked his card.   Of course,  I pulled out red and black as I thought this would be his favorite.   The sketch came from MOJO MONDAY #210.   I also followed the challenge for the A Muse Studio Challenge blog to use stamps for your background.   Supplies:  All A Muse Studio -- Paper:  Sweetheart, Onyx, Cherry;  Stamps:  script background, my aim is true;  Ink:  Cherry,  Momento Black;  Heart Dies,  Cherry Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment